February is regarded as one of our busiest months of the year and this trend is not abating in 2018 as we are already seeing a significant number of properties under contract in the last four days alone. Another round of auctions friday, with a range of properties going under the hammer.
Auction results are as follows…
- A fierce 6 way bidding on 49 Totara Terrace With it selling under the hammer for $1,176,000.
- Next up was one of the best sections in Wanaka, 84 & 88 Lismore Street (featured photo), perched on the hill overlooking the lake, town and mountains. This is one property with two titles, the CV at $2,96. This was passed in, there is now conditional interest and if you were only interested in one of the titles this is now an option.
- 36B Mount Iron Drive was up next and sold with a battle back and forth with two parties – selling for $557,000. Great entry level buying.
- The final property was 66 Lagoon Avenue, bidding between two parties went back and forward, they were close but did not quite meet the reserve. Straight after the auction two offers were presented and it is now under contract.
A sneak peak of the new listings this week…
- First up is a perfect investment property – super tidy and within walking distance to town, this one will be popular. 19a Old Station Road.
- 13 Meadowbrook Place will be ideal if you are looking to downsize, or want a holiday pad for years to come. Very tidy and private.
- If you are looking for a section near the popular Mount Iron and walking track with great westerly views back to Mount Roy, we have a new quiet listing in this area so please call or email me for further details.
- A very large Northerly facing section at 7 Hidden Hills is next, so much scope with this piece of land, sun will feed on all day.
- The final property is 6 Jack Young Place Albert Town, a perfect family home in Albert Town. With multiple offers coming in on a similar sized home on Sherwin Avenue recently, there is strong demand for this type of property, location and price point.
If any of these properties are of interest, then please do call or email through and I will be happy to give further insight and information for you to consider.
My second interview of the year is with Wayne Pretty. Wayne runs Pretty Sweet Lighting here in Wanaka. Specialist lighting help can make a significant difference to a property’s ambience and overall look and feel. There is an art to what he does, so if you are considering adding value or you are in the midst of planning a new build then check out the interview and speak with Wayne. For the full interview click HERE
I always look forward to your feedback, especially if there is any topic you would like me to explore.
All the best for a great 2018
Cheers and regards