Welcome to this weeks property report,
Apologies for the last week’s blog absence – I was away with my wife last week for a short break with limited WIFI connectivity.
Auction day today with two properties going under the hammer.
First up was a great holiday home close to town at 154 Plantation Road
; very active bidding on this one and selling under the hammer for $1,130,000.
Next up was a quintessential bach in Lake Hawea at 5 Elizabeth Street
. This sold under the hammer for $575,000.
A handful of new listings this week which is great, but there is a definitely a shortage of new listings at the moment with demand out stripping supply this time of the year. If you are considering selling please get in touch as we have several active buyers with a variety of purchase requirements.
This week we viewed the following properties:
- 25 Matai Road – this has considerable potential … to leave as is, expand or look to subdivide with the new zoning rules. A lot to like and great views.
- A new corner section at 16 Kereru Rise – nicely elevated section which will capture beautiful westerly mountain views.
- If you were wanting stunning lake views then Lot 3 at The Heights will provide plenty. Over 6m Build height in the reserve series this is one of the best sections on offer. (similar views to headline image)
- Another section next is in Albert Town at 9 Hebbard Court – the best section in the street in my view, it will be good buying.
- Final property is a great entry level property in Albert Town at Frye Crescent, modern two bedroom, perfect for a couple to get no the market.
Please email if any of these sound interesting – launching now.
With the trend of a shortage of homes on the market and the advent of modern new build practices I have a number of clients who are now weighing up the option to build. I had a count up earlier this week, and I have sold ten sections in the last ten months, all of which will require designers and builders. A common question that generally results is what does it cost to build down here?
Look out for next week’s blog as I have put the question out to seven builders this week to get an idea of costs. I have asked them to provide costs for entry, mid and higher end builds.
To make it easier to relate this to a scale, I have asked them to compare to three car brands.
Entry level – Suzuki (Swift)
Mid Level – Toyota
Higher level – Audi
Hopefully this helps you form a better idea of what could work for your own budgets.
Any questions on any of the properties, please ask away