Welcome to this week’s property report.
Last week’s post was sadly held up with a few technical issues, so I do apologise. This week has plenty of news for you to read over.
The ski season is drawing to a close, so any late snow has been welcomed. I was fortunate to head up for a quick ski with clients last week, seventeen runs and down and back down to work by 1pm! If you are contemplating making the move down here, just do it – you won’t regret it!
Plenty on the go, with new listings galore. We viewed a number of properties over the last two weeks with something for everyone.
- First up is a section on 9 Mountain View Drive (located across the Road from Oakridge and just down from the Medical Centre), this is a prime location. For you savvy investors out there this is a 2000sqm section whose current covenant that limits subdividing set to expire in 2026. This has been rezoned to Low Density meaning you will be able to divide it up into 450m2 sections. A great spot to build something special with long term commercial returns achievable.
- Next up is a very tidy single level 3 bedroom home at 20 Stonebrook Drive. A perfect retirement home or lock up and leave, located on a small section so ideal for those looking for minimal fuss and no work required!
- Up next 26B Sargood Drive is an entry level property walking distance to town, tidy 2 bedroom home. Great for those looking to get onto the ladder, or couples who are looking to downsize.
- 124 Warren Street is a really interesting one, location is amazing, views down the lake a chance to secure land as the property needs some love or to start again.
- A family home can be found at 99 Plantation Road, ideal for an expanding family and super close to the schools.
- Next we have two sections at the very tip of Peninsular Bay at 11 & 13 Bull Ridge views and opens out to a reserve.
- The next is two sections in Alpine Estate, a new subdivision close to the Medical Centre. Two sections at approx. 600sqm.
- If a well-appointed family or holiday home with some lake views on offer appeals then please check out 14 Karearea Rise. Lots to like about this home.
- After a shortage of stock in Albert Town we now have more… 10 Warbler Lane is a very tidy low maintenance home, ideal first home, holiday pad or retirement home. Launching Monday.
- Last for today is 20 Hewson Crescent Lake Hawea. A great family home, the owners want a result so one to watch with a great house and nice private fenced section, launching later today online.
If any of the above properties are of interest please get in touch.
We had two homes being auctioned last Friday
- First up was a stunning family home situated at 598a Lake Hawea Albert Town Road, this 6Ha block has plenty of interest it did not quite meet the reserve, finishing at $1.950, there is significant conditional
interest with two offers coming in straight after the Auction, this is now under offer.
- Next was 5 Fort PlaceHawea Flat – again plenty of activity with six active bidders this sold for $832,000.
My property of the week I want to bring to your attention is 107a Kings Drive, this was recently passed in at auction, it has stunning views it would be an ideal short term rental proposition with significant wow factor with those lake views. The CV is $860,000 if you were looking to secure a holiday rental earner, I would encourage you to check this property out, now priced at $925,000.
Next week I am going to explore a piece of legislation that will have an impact on us as real estate agents and you as property vendors and buyers, the Anti Money Laundering Act 2009. If you are not already familiar with the coming changes, I will summaries these in detail next week. I will also cover off the changes to Kiwisaver for first home buyers here in the Queenstown Lakes region.
Enjoy your weeks