Weekly Report 11/05
Welcome to this week’s property report. I think it is fair to say that we are all looking forward to operating at Level 2 next week! I have been kept busy this week, undertaking pre settlement inspections and video calls to purchasers remotely.
A few new statistics for you too; our Ray White Wanaka website has seen its busiest seven day period for all of 2020 for listing views. At this stage we are still to ascertain how much voyeurism is evident compared to actual buyers looking to purchase. From personal experience, I am actively communicating with 35 buyers who have or are showing ongoing interest in different properties that we have on our books. The interest in Wanaka property is undeniable!
Realestate.co.nz released new statistics this week, with over 25% of all of their traffic coming onto their site from offshore. Perhaps Covid-19 has made New Zealand look a very attractive proposition for those wishing to emigrate. This week I have a property conditionally under offer with an expat living in London, so there are also plenty of Kiwis who are looking to return home. This morning the major banks have launched a sub 3% mortgage rate which seems incredible, so if you are in a position to press go, now is an ideal time to lock in low rates as we all acclimatise to what a new norm could well be. We have seen a good number of properties come onto the market this week too.
- 35 Hewson Crescent is a tidy 3 bedroom property. Private with established gardens, priced to sell at $665,000.
- Sensational mountain views are on offer at 14 Sarges Way in Hawea. This flat 800sqm section is ready and waiting at $339,000.
- Unit 8 Benbrae Resort, Cardrona – is a 2 bedroom cottage situated with a swimming pool amongst the complex. Entry level buying into the Wanaka region here.
- 58 Forest Heights is a stunner. Perched high on the hill with incredible views on offer. Built by the same builder who built our place, this is quality buying here. If you are looking to relocate in style this is a stunner.
- 36a Mount Nicholas Avenue is a brand new, easy care, 3 bedroom townhouse priced at $859,000.
Bring on Level two, hopefully next week! The kids are over lock down and are very much looking forward to being back at school. I can’t say that Portia and I don’t feel the same way… We have had the ski gear out this week as we plan for the winter ahead too. At this stage both mountains could well be open! Stay safe and feel free to call for an update on your situation if anything appeals.