Weekly Property Report
Welcome to this weeks property report. The temperature has plummeted in Wanaka this week with snow on the hills and the Crown Range has been closed due to rock fall as a result of the recent rain.
There will be a few sore bodies leaving town this week post the Wanaka Challenge triathlon, huge congraulations to my clients who competed last weekend. Feeling inspired, I’m locked into swim squad on Monday morning at 6:30am and am somewhat nervous after three months out of the water!
Big news this week is the proposal to develop 1,000 sections in Hawea over the next 20 years by local Developer, Universal Developments. It‚s a really interesting project as the increased demand for public and commercial infrastructure becomes more apparent. Further details can be found online at http://www.wanakalive.com/wanaka-news – search for 22nd Feb story.
The cooler climes have not affected the mood or activity in our auction room this week though!
We had six auctions on this afternoon with five of the six properties selling under the hammer.
- First up was 179 Lakeview Terrace in Hawea, I believe it has one of the best views of Lake Hawea, plenty of interest on this one with 16 registered bidders, this cute wee cottage with absolutely stunning views sold for $930,000.
- Second on the cards was a quintessential Kiwi ski bach or crib at 22 Bills Way. This got very close, but was passed in at $785,000. If you have interest in this please let me know.
- Next was a perfect wee investment property, well built, and down a quiet ROW at 24 Matai Road, this sold for $743,000.
- Fourth up was 76 Meadowstone Drive, a large five bedroom family holiday pad, nicely elevated with great north easterly views. A real sun trap. This sold under the hammer for $1,350,000.
- 58 Totara Terrace was next, this is very much an entry level property, with scope to put your own mark on it, this sold for $720,000.
- Final Property was the beautifully presented 22 Meadowstone Drive, a short walk to town this 4 bedroom home sold under the hammer to my Canterbury buyers for $1,035,000. (click on the bold text for listings)
We visited three new properties on Thursday, and ready to hit the market is a truly stunning home in Old Wanaka‚ at 54 Eely Point Road, a property you will be very proud to own for generations to come.
Property developers be on alert for this next piece of land and house at 36 Albert Town-Lake Hawea Road, 10 Hectares that can be subdivided. Plenty of potential with this one.
Our final property was a cute wee cottage just back from Lake Hawea, it will be entry level, but scope to expand and modernize in time. 25 Lakeview Terrace.
This week has got away of me with a busy auction day today and plenty of buyers in town for viewings this week.
If there’s something that you’re after, please get in touch. I look forward to speaking to you soon.