Properties Currently For Sale
Rural Lifestyle Opportunity Awaits
So much on offer with this property…
18 Orchard Road, Wanaka features:
- 3 acres of rural living land that is zoned Rural under the Queenstown Lakes District Plan.
- The property is occupied by an established 250m2 (approx), large living, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom brick clad residential home that was constructed in 1995.
- An extension onto the homes existing garage facility was added in 2002 and all relevant consents (Resource and Building Consenting) have been obtained.
- The home is heated by both wood burner (+ wet back) and electric underfloor heating through living areas, guest bathroom and passage;
- Great indoor to outdoor flow via double french doors that open out to very sheltered outdoor entertainment areas;
- Substantial garaging, firewood storage and general storage (bikes, freezers, mowers, yard equipment etc).
Currently the site serves the purpose of rural-living.
While zoned Rural, because this 3 acre site is unlikely to provide a viable economic return associated with traditional agricultural/farming activity alone (or arguably even as part/in combination with any residential occupation), the property should be considered as a wise property investment to accommodate a future strategic land use/activity.
A strategic alternative use, may potentially be associated with providing for tourism/accommodation or other services/facilities that are suited to the site’s prime location, connected to key transportation routes on the very edge of urban Wanaka.
With road frontage to both Orchard and Cardrona Valley Roads, the site is not set amongst an overwhelmingly rural landscape or intensive farming setting, rather it is located amongst an ever evolving and diverse mix of land use and zoning, bound to the north and north-east by a mix of commercial and Lower Density Residential development, the south by rural living development and west by Rural Lifestyle zoning.
In respect of District Planning considerations, the current zoning provides (subject to consent process and approval) the following immediately feasible opportunities:
- Extension and/or renovation of current home;
- Establishment of a residential flat as defined by the Proposed District Plan as being up to 150m2 separate or attached from the existing home;
- Further fencing and landscaping;
- An addition of further appropriately designed and located building infrastructure associated with the storage of implementation and/or residential requirements (mowers, work-shop, boat storage etc) are likely to be feasible.
Further development of the existing rural-living activity aside, it is the site’s strategic position, and general close proximity to Wanaka’s key offerings and services that perhaps should be most valued, noting that the site is located:
- Cardrona Valley Road is the main and most significant transport link between Wanaka, Queenstown and Te-anau/Milford/Fiordland National Park;
- 30m from residential zoning, that anticipates a residential density as high as 1 dwelling per 300m2;
- 30m from Cafe and Wedding function facilities;
- 90m from extensive visitor accommodation establishments such as Oakridge Resort;
- 450m from Ruby Cinema and on-site restaurant;
- 700m from Wanaka’s medical centre and ancillary pharmacy and physiotherapy services;
- 900m to Wanaka Golf Course;
- Directly adjoining Cardrona Valley Road with direct routes to Cardrona and Treble Cone Ski Resorts;
- Closely located to the Wanaka Town Centre;
- Direct transport route to Queenstown International Airport;
- Main and alternate transport route to Wanaka Airport.
The site should be pointed to offer an astute investor a very strategic location to establish key tourism/visitor services such as but not limited to visitor accommodation, while the existing home may offer an immediate home-stay and/or bed and breakfast small business option.
Alternatively, high quality country living on the edge of urban Wanaka alone will be enough to make the property a very attractive proposition.
Please call or email for further information, or click HERE for property documents on our Ray White Wanaka site.
LOT 147 THE HEIGHTS – LANDMARK HOMES
This is your chance to secure a stunning 4 bedroom 2 bathroom holiday pad built by Landmark Homes. Their build quality is well known, a well designed holiday home perfect for you to drop in and leave on a whim.
Orientated to enjoy the northerly views and sun this priced to sell and be enjoyed for many a year.
Call to arrange a viewing today.
Mitch 021 2424280
Lot 23 Kirimoko Summit Edition
I try to seek out nuggets on any new subdivisions we launch to the market… Lot 23 and Lot 24 both fitted this brief for me. I have Lot 24 under contract already this leaves Lot 23 as a stunner for someone to secure. 700sqm and priced at $700,000. Lock in lake views for the future and design a wide spanning home allowing plenty of rooms to capture the beautiful views on offer.
Call to arrange a viewing today.
Mitch 021 2424280
21 Ragan Lane – Wanaka SOLD: $825,000
This could be your chance to get a foothold into the Wanaka property market. This tidy home has an open, airy feel and has been well maintained. With room to expand and improve, this could be the home to get you underway.
Comprising of four generous sized bedrooms with two bathrooms and handy garage with plenty of storage for the toys, this home features a large sunny backyard and is conveniently located just short walk to town.
Whether it’s a first home opportunity, holiday home or rental investment you’re after, there is plenty to like with 21 Ragan Lane. Call to arrange a viewing today.
Mitch 021 2424280
Stunning near new spacious family home with 360 degree mountain views in the highly sought after Peninsula Bay.
An incredibly well considered design, which allows a family to entertain and relax whilst also providing an additional income stream.
There are three large bedrooms and bathroom on one wing, with an office and incredibly spacious lounge and beautiful kitchen that open out onto multiple outdoor entertaining areas all on 1081 sqm flat section.
The fourth bedroom can double as either the master with its own walk in wardrobe and beautiful bathroom or as short term rental proposition as it is self contained with outside access. This room is currently providing strong monthly returns.
This home has acres of space, from large walk in scullery to walk in linen cupboard and extra large double garage – you will never be short of space.
Buying here gives you optional access to the Peninsula Bay Community Facilities, including pool, spa and gym. Call to arrange a viewing today.
Mitch 021 2424280
A slice of your very own Central Otago landscape. 4 private Lots with its own stunning rural, mountain or vineyard views on offer.
These will not last long, please enquire now.
Expansive lake and mountain views will be the envy of many with this stunning section positioned in the very opulent Penrith Park.
Meet your architect on site and start designing something truly special to capture the beautiful natural surroundings. This opportunity is a rare treat – there are very few large sections this close to the lake, with these majestic views on offer.
Incredibly quiet and located at the doorstep of walking and biking tracks, securing a section in Penrith Park Drive is a very sound investment for your future.
For further information please get in touch.
The Heights Wanaka
As Wanaka’s premier residential subdivision, The Heights offers the very best of Wanaka, with outstanding lake and mountain views complemented by a convenient central location. With Stage 1 having sold through, we can now release Stage 2 as priced sections starting at $380,000 and ranging in size from 400 to 800sqm, with the Reserve Series located at the top of the site boasting the most spectacular of the lake and mountain views, while being nestled
alongside a Reserve.
The views are better than first anticipated, I can say this comfortably as my wife and I purchased land here, so well versed in this prime bit of real estate.
The smaller sections further forward provide fantastic variety in both position and price point, ensuring there is something for everyone at The Heights. The subdivision is close to the town, tracks and the lake so residents can have all the best of Wanaka on their doorstep. Conveniently within a five-minute walking radius, you will find the
Wanaka Primary School, Holy Family Primary School and Mount Aspiring College andQueenstown International Airport is only 55 minutes away.