New Listing 18 Orchard Road
Rural Lifestyle Opportunity Awaits
So much on offer with this property…
18 Orchard Road, Wanaka features:
- 3 acres of rural living land that is zoned Rural under the Queenstown Lakes District Plan.
- The property is occupied by an established 250m2 (approx), large living, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom brick clad residential home that was constructed in 1995.
- An extension onto the homes existing garage facility was added in 2002 and all relevant consents (Resource and Building Consenting) have been obtained.
- The home is heated by both wood burner (+ wet back) and electric underfloor heating through living areas, guest bathroom and passage;
- Great indoor to outdoor flow via double french doors that open out to very sheltered outdoor entertainment areas;
- Substantial garaging, firewood storage and general storage (bikes, freezers, mowers, yard equipment etc).
Currently the site serves the purpose of rural-living.
While zoned Rural, because this 3 acre site is unlikely to provide a viable economic return associated with traditional agricultural/farming activity alone (or arguably even as part/in combination with any residential occupation), the property should be considered as a wise property investment to accommodate a future strategic land use/activity.
A strategic alternative use, may potentially be associated with providing for tourism/accommodation or other services/facilities that are suited to the site’s prime location, connected to key transportation routes on the very edge of urban Wanaka.
With road frontage to both Orchard and Cardrona Valley Roads, the site is not set amongst an overwhelmingly rural landscape or intensive farming setting, rather it is located amongst an ever evolving and diverse mix of land use and zoning, bound to the north and north-east by a mix of commercial and Lower Density Residential development, the south by rural living development and west by Rural Lifestyle zoning.
In respect of District Planning considerations, the current zoning provides (subject to consent process and approval) the following immediately feasible opportunities:
- Extension and/or renovation of current home;
- Establishment of a residential flat as defined by the Proposed District Plan as being up to 150m2 separate or attached from the existing home;
- Further fencing and landscaping;
- An addition of further appropriately designed and located building infrastructure associated with the storage of implementation and/or residential requirements (mowers, work-shop, boat storage etc) are likely to be feasible.
Further development of the existing rural-living activity aside, it is the site’s strategic position, and general close proximity to Wanaka’s key offerings and services that perhaps should be most valued, noting that the site is located:
- Cardrona Valley Road is the main and most significant transport link between Wanaka, Queenstown and Te-anau/Milford/Fiordland National Park;
- 30m from residential zoning, that anticipates a residential density as high as 1 dwelling per 300m2;
- 30m from Cafe and Wedding function facilities;
- 90m from extensive visitor accommodation establishments such as Oakridge Resort;
- 450m from Ruby Cinema and on-site restaurant;
- 700m from Wanaka’s medical centre and ancillary pharmacy and physiotherapy services;
- 900m to Wanaka Golf Course;
- Directly adjoining Cardrona Valley Road with direct routes to Cardrona and Treble Cone Ski Resorts;
- Closely located to the Wanaka Town Centre;
- Direct transport route to Queenstown International Airport;
- Main and alternate transport route to Wanaka Airport.
The site should be pointed to offer an astute investor a very strategic location to establish key tourism/visitor services such as but not limited to visitor accommodation, while the existing home may offer an immediate home-stay and/or bed and breakfast small business option.
Alternatively, high quality country living on the edge of urban Wanaka alone will be enough to make the property a very attractive proposition.
Please call or email for further information, or click HERE for property documents on our Ray White Wanaka site.