Welcome to this week’s property report.
Spring is upon us as temperatures warm up around town, but there’s still great snow up the mountain if anyone is planning a late season trip down.
Lots on the go this week with sections in hot demand and results from our recent auction room have seen homes selling for 33% above the council CV’s. Instead of battling with competition and lack of stock, we are seeing a trend of sections being purchased with twelve sales from our office in August alone. Buyers are looking to secure views and build something that suits their exact needs. If you are frustrated with looking and not finding what you’re after, let me know as there are sections to suit all budgets.
I have been working with clients from Christchurch for the last eight months who faced those same issues. They have now secured a stunning section this week to build their holiday home and I look forward to seeing their designs with the views on offer. Well done guys!
This week the team looked at a full range of homes:
- First up was a tidy home at 79 Matai Road – lots to like with this low mainatence home and great location.
- Next up is a quiet listing – an established and private home in Bevan Place. The owners would look to rent this back for 12-18 moths if you wanted to secure a family home based on today’s market rates.
- We have a really intriguing property on the river in Albert Town on Wexford Street launching next week. Currently just garage and bedroom, this provides a platform to build something special. I like this a lot – launching Wednesday.
- A well established brick home in Albert Town is up next up, incredibly well looked after at 14 Arklow Street.
- Final property is a section in Albert Town at 38 Kingston Street. Build your family home in a very family friendly suburb.
If you see anything you like, please let me know. I’m currently working for a number of buyers who have provided clear briefs for me to find properties to suit and can do this for you too.
My wife has escaped to the big smoke this week, heading to NZ Fashion Week for work. It’s just me and the kids for the next four days so if you have any questions on property please call – I could do with an adult conversation!
Have a great weekend,